<enter the registered keeper’s address>
<enter today’s date>
PO Box 565
Re: Parking Charge Reference number xxxxxxx Vehicle registration: xxxxxxxx
I am the registered keeper of the above vehicle and have received the above demand from you.
I dispute owing you any amount and deny all liability in this matter. Please accept this letter as a formal appeal under your appeals process.
The basis of my appeal is:
1. The amount you have claimed is not a genuine pre-estimate of any loss to either Parking Eye or the car park landowner.
2. The signs in your car park fail to comply with your Accredited Trade Association’s Code of Practice
3. No contract was formed with the driver due to the fact that your signs were was not sufficiently brought to the attention of the driver.
4. ParkingEye is not the landowner and therefore Parking Eye does not have the right to enter into a contract with a driver nor does Parking Eye have the right to bring a claim for trespass.
Please confirm in writing whether you accept my appeal and withdraw your demand. If you reject my appeal, please provide the following particulars:
1) The basis of your charge (i.e. contract breach, trespass or contractual fee).
- If you are alleging breach of contract, I require a breakdown of the liquidated damages you claim were suffered, and by whom, and how each particular loss arose.
- If you are alleging trespass please enclose evidence of the alleged perpetrator and proof of the liquidated damages alleged and the calculation of this sum.
- If you alleging a “contractual fee” I request a VAT invoice from you and ask you to explain the daily rate for parking and service provided for that fee.
2) Please also advise the amount of money you would have recieved from the driver of my vehicle should the alleged contract have been met to your satisfaction.
3) Please advise the name and address of the landowner.
4) Please provide a POPLA code that allows me to appeal to POPLA.
If ParkingEye rejects my appeal: please do not contact me again with more demands as I deny owing Parking Eye any money and deny that any driver of my vehicle has entered into a contract with you. Any legal action you initiate against me will be defended.
<the registered keeper’s signature>
<the registered keeper’s name>
Notes on customising your Parking Eye appeal letter